If you need some help ...
V2.0 is under the way:
- It will be completely re-written in C - Many applicationes of ebase are
embedded systems where C++ is a luxury. A C++ interface can still be provided
on top of the C implementation.
- Further abstract datafile API - It will be possible for people to write their
own datafile implementation (e.g., data file on raw flash device instead of
going through C file API). It is probably also a good idea to abstract the C
file API so that the standard datafile implementation can adapt to different
OS'es where there is no C file API.
- Data integrity and recovery - We build in CRC error checking into data file
and database level. A systematic crash recovery routine is provided to
guarrantee that completed transactions can be recovered.
- Provide endian-aware feature for both datafile layer and ebase layer.
Perhaps we can also provide endian conversion features.
- Multi-thread support is *NOT* considered for v2.0.
- Insert and delete fields are *NOT* considered for v2.0.
- The data ownership transfer will be further refinesment.
We need your help!
- Join the ebase-devel mailing list
- We have many tasks that need volunteers to carry out (such as test suite,
API design, etc)